Friday, October 18, 2013

My Go-To Meals Lately! (Crock Pot Ranch Pesto Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken Bryan, Veggie with Goat Cheese Tacos, and more...)

I am ALWAYS trying new meals, mostly because it keeps me interested in cooking and I love the possibilities of finding yummy fantastic food! So here are some recipes that I have loved and actually made more than once, which is CRAAAZAY for me!

Crock pot Ranch Pesto Chicken! (I forgot to take pictures of this meal, darn.) 
This is the easiest on my list, it is 4 ingredients and one of those ingredients in Chicken. Can't get much easier than that, right? Greg LOVED this meal and for him to love anything is saying a lot. There are also great suggestions in the comments sections of other idea's for this. I tossed it with bow-tie pasta, delish! Next time I am using the leftovers to make Panini's. Melt some mozzarella on top and maybe add some roasted red peppers, my stomach is growling just thinking about it! YUM!
For those who want to pin it: Pin it here!

Crock Pot Chicken Bryan : If you know me well you know I am OBSESSED with goat cheese! I could eat it all day long. It has a very strong flavor so I know this can be very hit or miss with most people. Greg isn't huge on it, so he just doesn't put much of it on top of his meal. Here are all the ingredients in the crock pot. This meal is a little more prep compared to most crock pot meals but it is so worth it, and for those with kiddos (like me) you can just do this while they are napping and not have to worry about trying to cook while they are awake. That alone to me makes this meal an EASY meal. 
This is in my crock pot as I type:
I will update with more pictures tonight! Pin it here!

Veggie and Goat Cheese Wrap/Tacos: This is my go to lunch for the week. Again it has goat cheese... I change up which veggies I use each week. I have used, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, squash, onions, red peppers, and artichoke hearts. I think these are great because you can use whatever veggies you like, and it tastes amazing no matter what! I decided to make taco's with it one night, it seemed easier and taste just as yummy! I always top with fresh basil (I always put basil in the wraps too) and goat cheese ! SO AMAZING!



Greek Pasta Salad: This is just like any pasta salad, super simple and yummy. I chop up cucumber, calmative olives, cherry tomatoes, salami, ham, green peppers and onions. Then I add feta and mix it all up. In the meantime I have cooked Penne pasta and let it cool some. I then add the semi cooled Penne and tops with extra virgin olive oil (about a 1/2-1 tbs) and mix. Then I add Italian dressing (I always make the packet kind because it's so yummy). I use my discretion on how much dressing, I usually go with less than I think I will need. I mix it all up and then I portion out what I will be using for dinner and put the leftovers away (I do this because the next step is to add lettuce and if you add it to all then leftovers will be ruined because the lettuce will wilt). So next I mix in lettuce and add more dressing if needed and that's it! I am always trying to find ways to get Greg to eat salad, so this was one way! He likes it because it is much more filling than regular salad and not just a normal pasta salad! I don't really measure anything because in a salad there really isn't a need, it tastes good no matter what you add to it! 


Caesar Salad Pasta: This last meal is a recipe I am working on. I haven't quite perfected it yet, once I do I will post it! I had this Caesar Pasta at a restaurant and loved it, so I am trying to replicate it without it being a ton of calories. Will keep you all posted!  



No comments:

Post a Comment