Friday, May 4, 2012

Surgery #2.

We went to the ENT this morning. We got Addi's hearing checked first. We did it since last time she had a lot of fluid in her ears and she hasn't really said any real sounds like Mama, Dada, Baba... nothing really other than H sounds. When she waves it almost sounds like she is trying to say hi, but that's about it. Anyways her hearing test showed her eardrums are not moving much at all, basically because of all the fluid. This wasn't really the main reason for the appointment, but it had been a concern.

So after the hearing test we met with the doctor, and he said she'll need to have tubes put in when he does her cleft surgery. We didn't get a set date for the surgery because they are booked up until August, but they are going to try to get us in if anything opens up before that. So it could be anywhere from two weeks from now to August. I was happy to find out that it will only be one night in the hospital, I was thinking it was going to be a few nights. I am nervous about her having another surgery, but I will be so glad to get it out of the way. I feel like it is always looming over us that she has to have another surgery soon, so once it's done we will know she won't have another surgery for at least 4 years and then after that adulthood. Good thing Addi is such a strong little fighter, no one should have to go through all this. I just keep reminding myself how lucky we are that all of her issues are fixable. I really can't even stress how blessed I feel, there are way worse things in life than what we have dealt with.

I will definitely keep you all updated on when her surgery is, we will need/appreciate all the prayers and positive thoughts we can get!

Thought I'd leave you with a smile from the precious girl herself! Her smiles always make me feel better, they just light up a room! LOVE my little fighter!


No comments:

Post a Comment