Thursday, July 11, 2013

Over the Moon!

This week has been a rough one. I got quite sick and Greg had a volleyball tournament so he wasn't home much at all this week so I have been taking care of the kids on my own and sick (thank goodness I am better now). I don't think I have ever been so exhausted in my life. I give SOOOOOO much credit to Mom's with husbands that travel a lot, Military Mom's, and especially single Mom's. I really have NO clue how you make it through a day knowing that there is no one coming home at the end of the day to help. I am just surviving at this point, and granted Greg not being home isn't really for work (it is a "work" team, but that's about as far as that goes), it was really his choice to do this tournament, so I think that it makes it that much harder/frustrating for me because he could very well be home helping me. Ok Melissa we get it! Enough complaining already! (Don't even try to tell me you weren't thinking that, lol!)

So on to the "Over the Moon" part! My amazing husband whom I am SO proud of (who I sorta just threw under the bus above lol) got an amazing promotion! He has worked SO hard for it. Greg has been working at his current job for almost 5 years, and to give you an idea of just how hard he works... in that time he has gotten 3 promotions and he now manages 5 groups. I really could not be more proud of him. I am really truly over the moon about it! I'm just so darn proud!

It didn't dawn on me until the other day that this is just like Greg. In my post about Greg winning a stroller, I mentioned how in college Greg it was known that Greg was not a very lucky person when it came to winning things through luck it just didn't happen. But, if it came to working hard to win, he had no problem winning it. Well I never realized how big that would pay off in the real world (I was really only thinking about it being good for sports and games). In college I always thought Greg was a little too cocky for his own good (Jen can probably back me up on that), I mean really can you really be the best at everything? Well the thing I have come to find out with Greg is he may not always be as good, but he will work his darnedest until he is not only as good, but until he is actual better. He strives to know everything about everything, I wish I was even half as determined as he is. It really just blows my mind. I know I am going on and on about him, but I am really just so proud of him (did I mention that yet?) and what he has accomplished in a fairly short span of time. So yeah... I am now done gushing. I am sure many of you out there have husbands just like this (I personally know of a few), aren't we just so lucky?!
(Thank God Greg doesn't ever read my blog lol).

2 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am we sure are!! Glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Greg! Glad they finally gave him the promotion he's been waiting for! now if only Ryan can get leveled up...he's been waiting for quite some time now :(

    ReplyDelete