Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day.

Greg and I are not really big on Valentines Day. We kind of celebrate it but never really go all out. I never really understood why there was a Valentines Day at all. I saw it to be completely pointless, until I had kids. I swear it must of been made up by a Mother/Wife. Sometimes we get so caught up in our day to day craziness, and date nights seem fewer and far between. I think it is a day to remind us, that we are so much more than just parents. At least that is my look at it now.

This Valentines day was so wonderful, even though it was awful. That is a very confusing statement, I know. Let me explain. On Monday Greg told me that we were going to go eat at his Mom's house on Wednesday night. So I of course think nothing of it. I show up, not a stitch of makeup on, in a T-shirt and jeans. He then comes over and he was talking to Greyson in his baby talk voice, asking Greyson if he told me the secret. I was only half listening because he wasn't really talking to me. So then he just informs me that we aren't having dinner with his Mom we are actually going to my favorite place and his Mom is watching the kids. I was so shocked. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but for us it is. Greg is not really one to plan things without me suggesting it, or planning it myself. So him going out of his way to make a reservation and get a babysitter is seriously the nicest thing he has ever done. I don't ever get surprised. Mostly because I always told him that I hate surprises, but what I meant is I hate knowing something is happening and not knowing what it is.

While we were at dinner Greg's Mom called and told us that Aubrey had been throwing up. We immediately got our dessert to go (we had already ordered it), and headed to get her medicine. The next morning (Valentines Day), she seemed fine and so I thought maybe it was just something she ate. Not even 15 minutes later, I was throwing up. Darn it. I had already had a migraine and now I had a bug on top of it, just my luck. I felt like death. I called Greg pretty much in tears, I couldn't function. He came home and took care of the kids. That meant the world to me. If you know Greg, than you know it's almost impossible to pull him away from work. He is an overachiever and even goes to work when he is beyond sick, he is of course sent home by his boss because really he will just end up getting everyone else sick. Anyways, my point is, it truly meant so much to me that he did that. He even cleaned and made dinner while the kids napped. I think he was just trying to make me look bad, hehehe. Just kidding!

So Valentines day definitely didn't go as planned, and I spent the actual day sick as can be. But I still found it to be quite wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment