Monday, August 1, 2011

Pre-op "fun"

Addison's Pre-op was exhausting and traumatic, well at least for me it was. We were there for four hours, we were shuffled around from here to there. Addison slept like a little angel, except for when the nurses and doctors were poking and prodding.

They took her blood, they tied her arm off so tightly it almost turned purple. She screamed louder than she ever has before. I fought back my own tears. She rarely cries, so when she does it kills me. She also had X-rays where they dangled her by her arms over the machine. Thank goodness Greg went in for that part with out me. I would of fallen to pieces watching her be dangled while she screamed at the top of her lungs. The second they stopped doing awful things to her, she went right back to sleep. I think it was all just too much for her, so she tried to just sleep through it.

So glad that all that is over, now its on to the surgery the truly traumatic part.

It was a busy day...

1 comment:

  1. this made me cry! I'm so sorry you guys are having to through all of this :( I remember the short time Logan was at Wolfson's and getting poked, prodded, and spinal tapped and I bawled hysterically the entire time...I can't imagine having to go through that and more! Seriously, if you need ANYTHING let me know!! even if it's just bringing you lunch at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete