Friday, September 21, 2012

Our nights...

Whenever someone has a new baby, I instantly wonder how much sleep they are getting. I am not sure why I care so much or find it so interesting, but I think it's because I have had such hugely different experiences.

Aubrey: She would not sleep if we put her down. She cried ALL the time (I am sure you all have heard me complain a bazillion times about this). She was a boob girl, was only happy while feeding. Which led to some long sleepless sore nights. We then did cry it out (no judgements please, everyone does what they feel works best for them and their child) at 4 months since the doctor said she weighed enough to be able to sleep through the night. It took one night and she has slept 12+ hours straight through the night in her own bed/crib ever since. Ah-mazing, if you ask me!
Don't let this picture fool you, she was laying in the boppy ON my lap lol!
Addi: She slept SO much, she was really easy at night. She didn't really ever fully wake up, we just fed her on a schedule until she was in the clear for weight gain, and at that point it was once or twice a night until she was 6 months. After 6 months she started sleeping through the night (12+ hours also) in her crib (she was in a rock and play before since she had spit up issues) and has ever since!
Why yes, those are socks on her hands!
Greyson: He has only been around now for just over a week but so far, so good. We have been staying up later since his arrival (until 11 or 12) we do his last feed before going to sleep, he then goes 4-5.5 hours until his next feed. Then another 4 until his next (which we are already awake for). So really if we went to bed at our normal time it would be two feedings during the night. Which is not bad at all. I fully don't expect it to continue, it's too good to be true. So I am just waiting for the sleepless nights to start. I thought it was going to start last night had a little gas before bed, so I got ready for what I though would be a rough night, but he got all of it out and went right to sleep. Don't worry I will update you all when they do start, so that you don't hate me too much for having such sleepy children. :)
Only baby of ours whose liked being swaddled!





1 comment:

  1. Haha! :) I hope Greyson stays on his current trend for you! Blake was like that in the beginning too, and we really only had maybe two or three bad nights total (mostly due to gas) so keeping my fingers crossed that it works like that for you too!

    ReplyDelete