Thursday, December 22, 2011

MA-MA!

Addison has started to say Mama!!! I'm so excited, not because I think she is saying Mama because she loves me so, but because she is making a new noise. Although to be completely honest, I am happy she chose to say Mama first instead of Dada (like Aubrey). Greg bragged forever about how Aubrey only said Dada. So yep, I think I have bragging rights now!

So the reason I am so excited she is making a new noise is because she isn't super vocal and I was starting to worry that it was because of her soft cleft issue. She has an appointment at the ENT in January, I was planning on asking him if it might cause speech issues. I still might ask, but I am definitely not close to as stressed about it as I was.

I of course didn't catch her saying Mama, but here's some babble for you!

So since I am already going on about Addison, might as well update on everything else she is doing! Addi is almost a unassisted sitter. She can sit for extended period with no help, but as soon as she gets excited about something she forgets she is sitting and either falls over or lunges towards the thing she is excited about. Like right now, she was sitting and got excited about a present that is sitting under the Christmas tree, so she lunged for it and is now trying to open it. It's keeping her really occupied and happy, so I think I'll just let her open it, she is just too sweet to say no to! 

Addi is trying so hard to get around. She tries to crawl, but never seems to get her arms and legs to work together. She just ends up scooting backwards. She doesn't seem to mind though!
Let's see what else is little bit up to?? Oh yes, sleep! Addi can sleep like no other. She sleeps from 7:30 to 6:30-7:30 then eats and goes right back to sleep until anywhere from 8:30 to 10:00. Then she naps about 1-2 hours in the morning (depending on how late she sleeps) and about 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I sometimes worry when she sleeps "too" much. I check on her non-stop, since she loves to sleep on her belly. I really just want to flip her back over, but that might not go over too well.

Addi isn't much of an eater, she really refuses to eat baby food. The doctor suggested trying table food in tiny chunks. She gags every time. She seems to have no interest. I am about to give up. I might just feed her formula for the rest of her life...

No comments:

Post a Comment