Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Potty Time!

We have started to watch "Potty Time" with Aubrey lately. Potty Time is part of the Signing Time line. I wasn't planning on starting to potty training until Aubrey was at least two. So I thought I would just start with the signing video's to get her prepared and familiar with bathroom stuff.

What I didn't realize is that she would ask me every hour on the hour to go to the potty, then to wipe herself, then flush, then to wash her hands. In one of the songs it tells them to do all these steps, and Aubrey MUST do them or she freaks. So we have spent a large chunk of the last few days in the bathroom, NOT actually going potty but sitting on it. I will be in the middle of feeding Addison, washing dishes, making dinner, reading her a book, etc... and she starts saying "Potty PLEEEEEASSSSE, potty, potty, potty, come on, PLEEEASE" all while signing potty rapidly. So I have to stop what I am doing to bring her to the potty, which wouldn't be bad if she really had to go. Instead she is just sitting on the potty happy as a clam doing nothing. I am just not sure she is old enough to get it?? I am excited she is interested in the potty, but how the heck do I get her to actually USE the potty????

No comments:

Post a Comment